language festivalguide: english

Archiv
inge

language festivalguide: english

Beitrag von inge »

Hello,

This is the third time I will be present on the festival...it's one of my favorites :D ...but I noticed that last years in the festivalguides (the programme given at the entrance)...only the rules and general info we're written in englisch... :(
Is it possible to make also an english guide = the short introductions of the artists also in english...because I absolutely do not understand deutsch...
and by giving the names of the artists and groups only the last days...it is very handy to just read the introductions on the festival itself, and decide to go see an artist you never heard of, just because the introduction from the program makes you want to go and see it!!!...altough I always have an amazing time, I think it wil be even more spectacular if I could read the programme and by this, even discover more new things I really like...
I don't know if this is the way to ask for an english program, so if not, can somebody tell me who I can send an e-mail to make this happen???

thank you very much,
I'm already looking forward to the festival!!!!!!
inge
Cenzo

Re: language festivalguide: english

Beitrag von Cenzo »

would be great. We also have somebody in our group who doesnt speak a word german. except for scheisse and "das ist meine tasche". But after some point I ll be def. too tired to interprete ...or too wasted
Maybe do a limited amount of festival guides, like 1000 copies :(
oma_herta

Beitrag von oma_herta »

I also think that an english festival guide would be great. But I think it would be quite complicated to be realized...just imagine you were the one to write that guide...you would have to translate that huge amount of text...seems to be hard to find s.o. for the translatiuon...
inge

Beitrag von inge »

Thanks for the reply's...
Our group of friends also know a few german words,
but I can't spell them...
(and most of the time we don't pronounce them right or just imitate words we think sound funny and we actually don't understand or doesn't make sense at all...)
I also understand that it's not easy to translate everything or that it is maybe to late know,
but I think these things can make difference...
and now that the festival has become so big,
this would be nice for al the people who come from other country's...
and I think this is already a big group by now...

anyway,
thanks!
Greetz,
inge
Wunderwurst

Beitrag von Wunderwurst »

...when in Rome, do as the Romans do... ;)

Besides, German is the language of the poets and the philosophers (you know, like Lothar Matthäus and such) - so why not simply learn our beautiful language? You can get the hang of the basic grammatical concepts after only a few decades, so better start learning today! :P

Also, if you want an english version of the guide, what about the Spanish and the French? Can't really expect them to learn english, can you?

However, as most Europeans speak Latin fluently, we should maybe just all talk Latin. That's also what the Romans would have done, so that should be a great idea. :ugeek:
Bild
inge

Beitrag von inge »

Hi,

verry funny...
I am from the flemish part of Belgium...
and I'm not asking for a flemish guide,
or for guides in all languages...
english is just more international, and...
I just thougt that it was worth mentioning on the forum...
it was NEVER ment as criticism..

enjoy the festival,
I know I will (with or without an english guide ;) )
Fusion Crew

Beitrag von Fusion Crew »

In deed this would be a good idea. we didn´t done it yet, because of peoples and money. It is quite hard to find someone who can make all the translations in a short period of time. After Translation the layout has to be done. Printing a second guide is quite more expensive. And last: How many percent of the guides should be english? When I have a look to our newsletter, we have less than 10% english subscribers.

So, Dear german speaking fusionists, please help our foreign Visitors.
Thomsen

Beitrag von Thomsen »

Fusion Crew hat geschrieben:So, Dear german speaking fusionists, please help our foreign Visitors.

no problem, dudes! ;)
Cenzo

Beitrag von Cenzo »

Fusion Crew hat geschrieben:In deed this would be a good idea. we didn´t done it yet, because of peoples and money. It is quite hard to find someone who can make all the translations in a short period of time. After Translation the layout has to be done. Printing a second guide is quite more expensive. And last: How many percent of the guides should be english? When I have a look to our newsletter, we have less than 10% english subscribers.

So, Dear german speaking fusionists, please help our foreign Visitors.
How about some volunary translation work for the fusion 2012?
On completion you could issue some fancy certificates I would volunteer..if the schedule isnt too tight. ;)
Wunderwurst

Beitrag von Wunderwurst »

Yeah, ich würd mich auch freiwillig für den Übersetzungsjob melden. Und dass mein ich zur Abwechslung mal ernst. Dass Ihr - die Fusion-Crew - Hilfe braucht, ist ja offensichtlich ("we didn´t done it yet").
Ich hab 95 Punkte im C-Test, und meine Sprachkenntnisse liegen irgendwo zwischen Cambridge Advanced English und Cambridge Proficiency.

Für 1 Raketenaufkleber (Fleißsticker muss sein!) würd ich wohl 3-4 Seiten (A4) übersetzen...und es finden sich bestimmt auch noch mehr Freax, die lieber Fusionguide übersetzen als endlich ihre Hausarbeit zu schreiben...
Bild
Gesperrt