Disabled walker at the festival

Gesperrt
Raya

Disabled walker at the festival

Beitrag von Raya »

Hi beautiful Fusionists,

I am planning on coming to Fusion from Oslo for the second time after i had the time of my life last year. However, I am very anxious about how to make it because I am injured in my leg couple of days ago and I can't walk properly. I ruptured my leg muscle and I am walking with crutches. I wonder therefore:

If I can make it to the festival with a rullator?? If anyone here has an experience if being disabled at the festival??

If I can get a spot not so far from the action so I avoid the long walks?? That's ESSENTIAL!!

If I could find someone with a (clean hehe) camping car that could host me - I need a better method for rest while resting - i don't snor btw :) ??

Any advices and assistance is highly appreciated 💜

Have a great day, you all.

Salaam,
Raya
nantalos

Re: Disabled walker at the festival

Beitrag von nantalos »

There is a barrier free camping area. It's not too far from the action and they even have some camping beds.
The way I understand it you HAVE to email them first though! So they'll have enough room and stuff.
barrierefrei(at)fusion-festival.de

A couple of years ago I managed to really twist my ankle on like Thursday and got some crutches there. Another year a friend of mine used a walker. And another year someone in my camp had a freshly broken shoulder with those metal screws and stuff sticking out.
None of that was a problem. Other people tend to look out and do their best to not bump into you.
Gipsypunk

Re: Disabled walker at the festival

Beitrag von Gipsypunk »

My own last year's experience:
I have walking issues, so I brought a Rollator as a backup. But most of the area (uneven grass, sand, wood chips) is not suitable for that thing (wheelchair would work better). I used a cane instead. Worked sufficient. So I recommend you use your crutches instead of Rollator.
To avoid too much walking you should check the barrier free camp, as already mentioned above.
Gesperrt