First timer questions

Gesperrt
jdev

First timer questions

Beitrag von jdev »

Hi, I'm from Canada and this will be my first time at Fusion, but I've been to many other festivals in the past. Here are a few of my questions:
- although the festival officially ends July 1st, can you stay until the 2nd?
- is it muddy?
- how cold does it get at night?
- are there lockers and if so how much are they
- how much is a beer? how much is a meal? (roughly)
- best way to get to the festival from Berlin by public transport

Any other tips, feel free to share, thanks!
zanni

Re: First timer questions

Beitrag von zanni »

Hey

AFAIK you can stay until the 4th of July.

If it rains it can get muddy yes.

You are going to need a pullover and long pants for the night. It can get quite chilly because it's an open field.

I'm quite confident that there are lockers. Never used them though.

Beer should be between 3-4€ for 0,33l and a meal around 5€. There is going to be a shuttle from the festival to the next village where you can get groceries or eat in a "real" restaurant.

Your best bet is https://bassliner.org/reiseziel/fusion-festival/ to get to the festival. They are driving directly to the festival and have a seperate entrance. It's roughly the same price (I think it's actually cheaper) as going by train.

They will release a festival guide with a lot more infos. I recommend not buying groceries in Berlin and driving them there but to get groceries in the village quite close the festival via shuttle.

HMU if you have any further questions.
ehsan-san

Beitrag von ehsan-san »

jdev hat geschrieben: - although the festival officially ends July 1st, can you stay until the 2nd?
Yes, you can stay until Wednesday noon after the festival.
jdev hat geschrieben:
- is it muddy?
Depends on the weather conditions. If there's rain then yes, certain parts of the festival can be muddy (eg. some dancefloors). Other parts, however, are on concrete (location used to be an airfield) or inside plane hangars so there shouldn't be too much mud. But you should prepare for all weather conditions!
jdev hat geschrieben: - how cold does it get at night?
Pretty cold. You definitely need a warm jumper/jacket at night.
jdev hat geschrieben: - are there lockers and if so how much are they
There is a safe area where you can store your valuables and charge your phone. Prices are fair, but I don't remember the specifics.
jdev hat geschrieben: - how much is a beer? how much is a meal? (roughly)
IIRC a beer is 2.5€ (+a deposit of 0.50€ on the bottle). Meals are around 4-6€, I'd say. There's really a lot of great food you can try (all vegetarian). You can, however, bring any drinks/food you'd like to the festival yourself, including the dancefloors as there is no seperation between sleeping area and party area.
jdev hat geschrieben: - best way to get to the festival from Berlin by public transport
I'd recommend Bassliner (google it!). The busses will drive you from Berlin straight to the festival area in Lärz, it's much more comfortable than going by (crowded!) train with all your luggage.

Here's the festival's FAQ from 2016 which might answer some of your questions too: http://archiv.fusion-festival.de/2016/e ... index.html

Hope you have a good time! :)
jdev

Beitrag von jdev »

Thank you everyone, all very helpful!
Gesperrt